A life-changing experience.
Communication Skills Training
What if you could improve every single one of your relationships—personal or professional—by discovering more about yourself and how you interact with others? Through this deeply personal exploration of how you listen, relate, discern and communicate, you’ll:
- Explore how the Communication Cycle forms the foundation of all of your interpersonal communication;
- Improve your ability to attentively listen and see how it can be the most important thing a person can do for another;
- Appreciate the impact your non-verbal behavior has on your verbal communication;
- Develop a more effective way to have difficult conversations;
- Feel empowered to strengthen and facilitate healing in broken relationships;
- See and celebrate the good in others; see and celebrate the good in yourself.
This is no ordinary training! After three days of powerful classroom instruction, experiential activity, and group discussion, you’ll be equipped with the tools to have deeper, more meaningful relationships and inspired by the course’s ability to bring about a more compassionate world.
If you would like to be added to a waitlist for our three-day class, once in person class resumes, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Please add me to your waitlist!
- Phone Number:
- Email Address:
- Region you would like to attend class:
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
At Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities, the care of our participants and
facilitators is our utmost concern. To lessen the spread of the
Coronavirus outbreak, Our Community Listens is extending our hiatus on
in-person classes, with exceptions for geographic variances.
Until we can meet again in person, we have created
several online learning opportunities designed to help navigate these
unsettling times and strengthen your commitment to authentic connection. You
can view those class offerings here.
Once we resume our in-person
classes, we will institute safety protocols to help ensure the health of our
attendees and team members. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you again in person soon!