The Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities is a nonprofit organization operating with small core staff serving multiple locations throughout the United States. We offer transformational learning experiences to strengthen relationships, unify teams and create a more compassionate world. We collaborate with various sectors to provide in-person workshops, virtual classes and more to enhance empathetic listening, enrich authentic communication and build caring community connections.
We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative Communications Specialist to join our team. The right candidate is creative, curious, and thrives in a fast-paced agile environment while working on multiple, simultaneous projects. This person reports to the Strategic Communications Leader and will manage social media content and create communication pieces that promote our services and brand.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and manage social media content across multiple platforms
- Track target market engagement to optimize campaign content
- Update analytics on a quarterly basis
BRAND IDENTITY AND PROMOTION
- Work as one of our organizational “brand champions,” making sure our written, printed, and digital materials align with brand standards.
- Collaborate with our programming team to provide attractive and informative promotional campaigns for classes and series.
- Assist content team and facilitators in creating presentations to ensure content is on brand. Develops templates with branding guidelines to streamline PowerPoint presentations, course handouts, facilitator prep and other course materials as needed.
- Support strategic communications leader in developing fundraising campaigns.
- Create and edit slide decks, course handouts, facilitator prep, and other materials, translating information provided by curriculum writers into visual medium following established brand standards
COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS
- Assist in the creation of our monthly newsletter and other organization-wide communication pieces.
- Act as concierge for virtual meetings as needed. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office suite along with online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEX etc.; take part in helping others learn this skill, too.
- Work with team as lead event planner and detail-keeper for facilitator training, team summits, and other national events; Assist in the planning and implementation of events including conferences, annual summits and special events at headquarters.
- Sharing CFCC vision, mission, purpose and practice, interface with participants, public, and potential partners in responding to web requests, providing organizational requests for information.
- Within six months of hire, become expert “concierge” for Zoom and other virtual meetings, assisting home office team in hospitality and administration of online events; take part in helping others learn this skill, too.
Required Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite; savvy with InDesign, Canva or similar software
- Possesses great social media copywriting and design skills
- Is organized and has the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Can meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works independently as well as within a group
- Is willing to learn and keep up to date on the everchanging digital marketing world
- Prior usage of a CRM and LMS, SalesForce and Canvas experience a big bonus
- Articulate 360 and Rise 360 experience
Work Hours and Travel:
This is a full-time, exempt position working mostly during regular office hours. This position is based at our St. Louis headquarters; however, it will temporarily work remotely due to COVID-19 precautions. Out-of-the-area and overnight travel possible up to 10% of the time.
Our Community Listens offers medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans for all full-time employees. A simple IRA retirement is also available to all part-time and full-time employees. We recognize nine paid holidays and offer three weeks of vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Bachelor's (Required)
- social media copywriting and design skills: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, Canva or similar software: 1 year (Required)